The reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. Our friends and family are geniunely happy and excited for us. They have been so supportive, even if they aren't totally familiar with how incredible this opportunity is. It's been a lot of fun to share the excitement with everyone!
It has also been reassuring to know people have so much confidence in us. Ashley and I are 100% confident in our decision, but it's always comforting to know we have everyone's blessing.
Below are some of the different reactions we've encountered so far.
- We've gotten lots of encouragement
- "You guys are so brave, I really admire that you're willing to just get up and uproot your lives and move to a different country, not sure if I could do the same."
- "So proud!!"
- "I'm so excited for you guys. It will be such an incredible experience to be in Europe and have the opportunity to travel to so many places!"
- People are geniunely curious about IMD
- "Tell me about the school, where in Switzerland is it? Is it a two-year program? Is it taught in English?"
- "Wow Marshmallow, I did a little research on IMD, and it looks really impressive! Well done!"
- There have been some funny reactions
- "It will be a great experience... and just think of all those great new chocolates you will get to try!"
- Friend 1: "Dude... Switzerland huh..."
Friend 2: "You're just freaking out that all your friends are abandoning you."
- "Your boss is going to be pissed when you tell him you're leaving!"
- Some folks just can't wait to get rid of us
- "Congratulations! When are you guys leaving?"
- Others are already nostalgic
- "Aw, this year will be the last Friendsgiving!"
- Telling the family has been very sweet
- "Please remember that if you hear panic when you tell your grandparents, it's not that they aren't excited for you, rather they are super-nervous of the big bad world out there."
- And we've gotten many good questions!
- "I can't believe you guys are moving to Switzerland! Do you ski?"
- "Marshmallow, what are you gonna do with your grill?"
- "Wait, so what about the World Cup?"