Thursday, April 18, 2013

I'm in!

Yesterday I received some AWESOME news - I got into IMD! I am over the moon excited, and to be honest it still hasn't completely sunk in. I figured it would be cool to write about the experience, after all it's going to be a life-changing journey!

Crazy to think, in 8 short months my wife and I will be packing up and moving to Switzerland!


I had my "assessment day" in Lausanne a couple of weeks ago, and was anxiously awaiting that phone call from Lisa Piguet. I dreaded every e-mail that came in, fearing it would be a "ding", and had a minor heart attack every time my phone rang.

It was just an amazing feeling to see that +41 number popping up on my phone!

The first thing I did was tell my wife the good news. I sent her like four e-mails, along the lines of:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I'M INNNNNNNNNNNN!!! I'M INNNNN!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Ashley has been so wonderful and so supportive throughout the application process. I can't thank her enough for all her help and encouragement! You're the best, babe! I love you!

In fact, here's my #1 tip for getting into your top choice business school: get a wife that will light a fire under your ass!


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment